Dragging out the microarmour

The prospect of being able to do some micro armour gaming soon, has prompted me to look at my moderns for the first time since the move.. th...

Tuesday 23 July 2019

First new proper post.

I'm going to start this off by posting projects that I've worked on during my looooong blogging hiatus.  While living in the UK I belonged to the Berkeley Vale Wargaming club and we played quite a lot of 6mm Future War Commander so I think I'll start with some pictures of my Space Canadians!  These are Brigade Miniatures South African Confederation miniatures. 





I wanted something that was relatively low tech (hence the wheels vehicles) and decided to be a bit over the top with the colour scheme making them a scifi peacekeeper vibe.


The unpainted miniatures, they look a little crude but the camera is very unforgiving to 6mm if you look to closely

I tend to use cheap paint as my hobby dollars have to go quite a way.  I sprayed white first from a cheap rattle can, then masked with blue-tack and sprayed the red




The biggest chore with these guys is painting all the wheels!.. I don't like painting wheels


I base my 6mm stuff, generally whatever size works, but normally 20x40mm a bit of fine model railroad ballast, washed and fine static grass added for part of the base.  I've always vacillated on basing 6mm vehicles, but it does protect them and it's fun to do little mini-dioramas for command stands.



I wanted to make these guys really stand out on the table, so I added tiny Canadian flags to a bunch of them using fine florists wire and paper flags


The whole crowd in Action at the 2017 Future War Commander boot camp in Slimbridge.








And here's the whole Space Canadian Peacekeeping deployment company




No comments: