Dragging out the microarmour

The prospect of being able to do some micro armour gaming soon, has prompted me to look at my moderns for the first time since the move.. th...

Monday 22 July 2019

Blog renewal time!

Well after many years I've decided to have  go at blogging again.  This time I'm going to try and be very focused, concentrating on my attempts at solo wargaming and miniature painting, primarily in 6mm.

So people know where I'm coming from, 6mm has been my go-to scale for over 30 years, and while I have gone through phases in and out of wargaming, I always end back with this under-represented and incredible versatile scale.  That said I do have other games in other scales, but 6mm is my primary interest.

I'm a fan of all sorts of periods, my current 6mm projects are from the following periods

Dark Ages (inspired by SAGA in 6mm by Per Broden at the Roll a One blog
Peninsular War
WW2 Operation Barbarossa
WW2 Normandy
Six Day War 1967
The War of Atonement 1973
1960s Cold War Central Front
1980s Cold War Central Front
Future Sci-Fi both Epic Armageddon and Future War Commander.. more factions than I can count

Non 6mm Projects

Space Fleet Combat using Full Thrust Rules
Imperial Skies : Flying Victorian Battleships!
Star Trek Tactical Combat Simulator
1/3000 WW2 Naval
1/3000 Cold War Naval
Adeptus Titanicus
Bushido
Infinity
1/600 early cold war Airwar

and so I might get some play with other actual people

Killzone Tau force
X-Wing Scum & Villiany
Star Wars Armada

Well Thats all for this post.  Hopefully there will be quite a few in the next little while while I update the blog with loads of other pictures of the various projects I'm working on, and musings about my attempts to solo play the above systems.

4 comments:

daveb said...

Hey Grumbeast, I saw your post on codstickers historical blog. I'm a nanaimo gamer as well. I see a few games on your list which I recognize as some of the other players (or myself) being interested in or having gear.
I have a few figs for imperial skies. Garret has some xwing and armada stuff. Nate has been mentioning interest in modern micro armour (fistful of tows perhaps?). You should definitely connect with the group on facebook.

grumbeast said...

Hey Dave!

Great to hear from you! I’d love to connect with the group, unfortunately I’m not on FB, gave it up a while ago and really don’t want to get back into it as they keep asking for my photo, is there any other way I can find out about when you get together?

daveb said...

We are working on something to address people who aren't on facebook. It will probably start off with an email list. Maybe a blog eventually....

grumbeast said...

An email list would be great, that’s how my group in UK did it, FB is hit and miss and is getting more and more miss!